64. A papilla preservation flap is indicated in:
A. Horizontal bone loss in upper anterior region.
B. Infrabony defects.
C. Crater type bony defect.
D. One walled defect.
64. Answer is: A- Horizontal bone loss in upper anterior region.
(Ref: Carranza 9th/ 723) Repeat AIPG-06.
65. A procedure done to eliminate periodontal pocket & increase the width of attached gingiva is termed as:
A. Laterally displaced flap.
B. Apically displaced flap.
C. Papilla preservation flap.
D. Modified Widman flap.
65. Answer is: B- Apically displaced flap.
(Ref: Above question & chart)
66. Role of barrier membrane in GTR is:
A. To help overall healing.
B. Prevention of epithelial migration.
C. Arrest of bleeding.
D. Prevent the infection from reaching the underlying tissues.
66. Answer is: B- Prevention of epithelial migration
(Ref: Carranza 9th/809) Repeat AIPG-06
67. Biofilm found on tooth surface is termed as:
B. Dental plaque.
D. Dentinal caries.
67. Answer is: B- Dental Plaque
(Ref: Carranza 9th/97) Repeat AIPG-06.
68. Periodontitis that does not resolve with treatment is termed as:
A. Aggressive periodontitis.
B. Chronic periodontitis.
C. Refractory periodontitis.
D. Juvenille periodontitis.
68. Answer is: C- Refractory periodontitis.
(Ref: Carranza 10th/ 243)
69. Peripheral buttressing bone formation effect is termed as:
69. Answer is: D- Lipping.
(Ref: Carranza 9th/ Pg 362,365-66)
70. Modification in Kennedy’s classification is:
A. Number of spaces present anterior to the remaining teeth.
B. Number of spaces present after the basic classification.
C. Edentulous spaces posterior to all the teeth.
D. Additional spaces in class-IV.
70. Answer is: B- Number of spaces present after the basic classification.
(Ref. McCracken’s removable partial denture: 11th Ed/pg 22)
71. One of the following is true about a pier abutment:
A. Presence of edentulous space mesial to the abutment tooth.
B. Presence of edentulous space distal to the abutment tooth.
C. Presence of edentulous spaces on both sides of the abutment tooth.
D. A periodontally weak abutment.
71. Answer is: C- Presence of edentulous spaces on both sides of the abutment tooth.
(Ref. Nallaswamy 1st Ed/ pg 550)
72. The correct placement of an indirect retainer is:
A. Near the fulcrum line.
B. Away from the fulcrum line.
C. Near the direct retainer.
D. Near the edentulous area.
72. Answer is: B- Away from the fulcrum line.
(Ref. McCracken’s: 11th Ed/Pg 156)
73. Lingual bar is: (size & shape)
A. 6 gauge, pear shaped.
B. 4 gauge, pear shaped.
C. 6 gauge, half pear shaped.
D. 4 gauge, half pear shaped.
73. Answer is: C- 6 gauge, half pear shaped.
(Ref. McCracken’s: 11th Ed/Pg 39)
74. Correct indication for a lingual plate is:
A. When the lingual sulcus is deep.
B. When the ridge is not strong enough to support the teeth.
C. When more number of anterior teeth are involved.
D. Any of the above can be an indication.
74. Answer is: C- When more number of anterior teeth are involved.
(Ref. McCracken’s: 11th Ed/Pg 42, 61)
75. Disadvantage of a flexible major connector is:
A. Causes other components of the RPD to become more effective.
B. Causes overload & periodontal destruction of the abutment teeth.
C. Decreased retention.
75. Answer is: B- Causes overload & periodontal destruction of the abutment teeth.
(Ref. McCracken’s: 11th Ed/Pg 35-36)
76. Permeability of dentin does not depend upon:
A. Smear layer.
B. Diffusion co-efficient of fluid.
C. Convection of fluid
D. Length of dentinal tubules.
76. Answer is: Still searching
77. Incipient or recurrent caries can be detected before they are visible on a radiograph by:
A. Visible light.
B. Ultrasonic light.
C. Fibre optic trans-illumination.
D. Digital Fibre optic trans-illumination.
77. Answer is: D- Digital Fibre optic trans-illumination.
(Ref. Damle 3rd Ed/ 51, Internet references) Repeat AIPG-06.
78. Resistance form is that shape of a cavity which:
A. Prevents displacement of restoration.
B. Permits restoration to withstand occlusal forces.
C. Prevents displacement of restoration & Permits restoration to withstand occlusal forces.
D. Allows for adequate instrumentation.
78. Answer is: B- Permits restoration to withstand occlusal forces.
(Ref. Sturdevant’s: 4th Ed/pg 290)
79. Pin used in pin retained restoration of an endodontically treated tooth is:
B. Friction locked.
C. Self threaded.
D. Any of the above.
79. Answer is: A- Cemented pin
(Ref: Sturdevant- 2nd Ed. / Page. 373.) Repeat AIPG-06.
If any link is broken or not working please report at
MCQ SERIES 08