- 38.5 = the total days an average person spends brushing teeth over a lifetime.
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six (6) feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.
- The number of cavities in the average mouth is down and people are
keeping their teeth longer. People, on average, have healthier
mouths than even 10 years ago. Specifically:
---The decline in tooth decay was greatest among kids but holds across every age group.
---Only 40% of young people age 6 to 19 had ever in their lives had cavities. That’s down from 50% a decade ago.
---Over the last ten years the proportion of people age 60 who’d lost all their teeth had decreased from 33% to 25%.
---Use of dental sealants, which block tooth decay on the chewing surfaces of kids’ vulnerable molars, was up 64%. 30% of kids had had at least one sealed tooth.
---Adults with post-high-school degrees had an average of three more teeth than those without a high school diploma.
---Smokers remain three times more likely than non-smokers to lose all their teeth. This figure has not changed from a decade ago.
---Socio-economic status plays a definite role in one’s general and dental health....33% of low-income adults have untreated decay. This compared with 16% of middle- and higher-income adults. 19% of kids living in poverty have untreated decay compared with 8% of wealthier kids.
- More people use blue toothbrushes than red ones.
- The teeth whitening toothpastes that claim to whiten your teeth have been found to be no more effective than their normal counterparts.
- Two 'Fs': Fluoride (use fluoride toothpaste daily) Frequency (avoid frequent snacking between meals).....this is the "practical way to help avoid dental decay.
- More than 300 types of bacteria make up dental plaque.
- 90% of systemic disease have oral manifestations.
- Like fingerprints, everyone’s tongue print is different .
- The popular practice of placing a cap on toothbrush head actually favors bacterial growth on it as moisture is increased in enclosed containers favoring the growth of bacteria.
If any link is broken or not working please report at firstname.lastname@example.org