Licensing Exams....after DDS/DMD

To practice, a dentist must pass a licensing examination administered by an individual state or more commonly a region. There are a handful of states that maintain independent dental licensing examinations while the majority accept a regional board examination. The Northeast Regional Board (NERB), Western Regional Board (WREB), Central Regional Dental Testing Service (CRDTS, and Southern Regional Testing Agency (SRTA) are the four regional testing agencies that administer licensing examinations. Once the examination is passed, the dentist may then apply to individual states that accept the regional board test passed. Each state requires one to pass an ethics/jurisprudence examination as well before a license is granted. To maintain one's dental license the doctor must complete Continuing Education (CE) courses periodically. This promotes the continued exploration of knowledge. The amount of CE required varies from state to state but is generally 10-24 CE hours a year.

Advanced Standing Dentist Programs california

University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, CA 94143
(415) 476-9000

University of the Pacific
School of Dentistry
2155 Webster Street
San Francisco, California 94115
(415) 929-6400

Loma Linda University
School of Dentistry
International Dentist Program
Loma Linda, California 92350
(909) 558-4669

University of Southern California
School of Dentistry
925 West 34th Street, Room 201
Los Angeles, California 90089-0641
(213) 740-2841

If any link is broken or not working please report at