ARMY DENTAL CORPS
POST GRADUATE/GRADUATE (MDS/BDS) ENTRY
1. Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for grant of Short Service Commission in Army Dental Corps.
2. ELIGIBILITY (a) Candidates must be BDS (with minimum 55% marks in final year)/MDS* from a College recognised by Dental Council of India. (b) Should have completed one year rotatory Internship from a college recognized by Dental Council of India upto 30 Nov 2008. (c) Should be in possession of Permanent Dental Registration Certificate valid upto at least 31 Dec 2008 at the time of interview. (d) Less than 45 years of age as on 31 Dec 2008. (e) Should be medically fit in all respects for service in the Armed Forces. *All nine specialties are recognized in the Armed Forces.
3. SELECTION PROCEDURE (a) Candidates found eligible will be shortlisted based on their Final BDS marks and attempts taken in Final BDS. Short-listed candidates will be required to appear before the Selection Board for interview only. However, all the eligible candidates in possession of MDS degrees recognized by DCI will be called for interview. There will be no shortlisting in their case. (b) Medical examination: All the candidates who are provisionally placed on the merit list will be brought before a Medical Board for medical fitness.
4. EMOLUMENTS The candidates on commissioning in Army Dental Corps will be granted the rank of Capt in the scale of Rs.9450-9600-300-11400 plus rank pay of Rs.400/-. Non-Practicing Allowance at the rate of 25% of the Basic Pay and Dearness Allowance (total emolument at the minimum of Pay Scale is approx.Rs.25,000/-). In addition, entitled free ration, subsidized accommodation and allied facilities shall be provided. Being in possession of MDS degree, they will be eligible for PG allowance of Rs.500/- p.m. or specialist pay after undergoing the laid down procedure. In addition, officers are entitled to 60 days annual leave & 20 days casual leave in an year, Leave Travel Concession, free Medical facilities for self and family including dependent parents, Group Insurance of Rs.10 lakhs & unit Canteen facility etc as per the existing rules. Revised pay and emoluments will be as per the recommendations of VIth Pay Commission as accepted by Govt of India. 5. PROMOTION (a) Short Service Commissioned Officers: Promotion of Short Service Commissioned Officers is as under:- (i) Capt - On entry (ii) Major - 4 ½ years reckonable commissioned service. (iii) Lt Col – 11 ½ years reckonable commissioned service. (b) Permanent Commissioned officers: Promotion for Permanent Commissioned Officers is as under:- (i) Capt - On entry (ii) Major - 4 ½ years reckonable commissioned service. (iii) Lt Col - 11 ½ years reckonable commissioned service. (iv) Col - 24 ½ years reckonable commissioned service and by selection. (v) Brig - By selection. (vi) Maj Gen - By selection. (vii) Lt Gen - By selection. Note - Candidates who hold three years MDS degree will be eligible for three years antedate seniority. They will be promoted to the rank of Major on completion of 1½ years service whereas candidates with BDS degree will be promoted after 4 ½ years. 6. TENURE The tenure is of 5 years extendable by another 9 years in two spells first of 5 years and second of 4 years (total SSC tenure 14 years) for those who are willing to continue subject to laid down eligibility criteria. However, on completion of 2 years service as SSC officers, they are eligible to apply for limited vacancies available for Departmental Permanent Commission provided they had not attained the age of 28 years for BDS and 30 years for MDS on 31 Dec of the year of application after giving full weightage of SSC service rendered. Full weightage of SSC service rendered will be given if granted PC. 7.
ENTITLEMENT OF CANDIDATES (a) Candidates appearing for the first time : (i) “To and fro” sleeper class railway fare by Mail/Express train or actual cost of bus fare if the mode of travel is by bus. (ii) DA at prescribed rates for the days of halt at Delhi. (b) Candidates appearing for the second or subsequent time are not eligible for the above entitlement. 8. WHOM TO APPLY : Candidates should apply to the Director General Armed Forces Medical Services (DGAFMS/DENTAL), Room No.9, ‘L’ Block, Ministry of Defence, New Delhi – 110001, on a plain paper giving particulars in the application form as given below so as to reach by 20 October 2008. 9. This Directorate General reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason. 10. The application form can also be downloaded from website “www.indianarmy.nic.in”
APPLICATION FORM FOR GRANT OF SHORT SERVICE COMMISSION IN ARMY DENTAL CORPS (USE BLOCK LETTERS ONLY)
1. Name in full : (As per Matriculation Certificate) Name in Hindi : ___________________ 2. Nationality : ___________________ 3. Date of birth : 4. Age as on 31 Dec 2008. :_____years_____months _____days 5. (a) Father’s name : ______ (b) Details of spouse (i) Name________________________ (ii) Nationality____________________ 6. (a) Postal address with pin code. : ______ __________________________ (b) Tele No. with STD Code : __________________________ 7. Permanent address with pin code : ______ __________________________ 8. Name of College : BDS: _ from which BDS & MDS passed MDS: _ 9. (a) Date of passing BDS : _ (b) No. of attempts taken to pass final BDS :___________________________ (c) Marks obtained in final year BDS and percentage thereof _____________________ 10. Date of passing MDS with name of speciality : ___________________________ 11. (a) Is the college from which you passed BDS recognized by DCI? : ___________________________ Enclose authority thereof (b) Is the college from which you acquired MDS degree recognized by DCI? Enclose authority thereof : ___________________________ 12. Date of completion of Internship. : __ 13. Permanent Dental Registration : __ Number, Issuing Office and valid upto. ___________________________ 14. Particulars of present employment : __ Affix Attested Photo 15. Have you appeared earlier for commission in Army Dental Corps? If yes, give details: __________________________ 16. Have you applied for Commission in Army Dental Corps in response to our advertisement in Employment News (19-25 Apr 2008) ____________________________ If yes, give Registration No. as intimated __________________________ by this office I hereby declare that all the statements made in the application are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. At any stage if information furnished by me is found to be false or incorrect, I will be liable to disciplinary action or termination of service as deemed fit. _____________________ Date : Signature of the Candidate IMPORTANT 1. Attested copies of the following should be enclosed with the application and original should be brought at the time of interview, if called for:- (a) BDS & MDS degrees (b) Matriculation Certificate (showing Date of birth) (c) Dental Registration Certificate duly renewed upto 31 Dec 2008. (d) BDS final & MDS marksheets. (e) Internship completion certificate (f) Copy of authority under which College is recognized by DCI. (g) Two additional identical attested passport size photograph#. (h) ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the employer, if employed or bonded with State/Institutions. (j) Attempt Certificate (k) Any other relevant documents. 2. Enclose one self addressed post card and one self addressed envelope of size 23 Cmsx10 Cms with Rs.6/- postal stamps affixed for reply. *strike out whichever is not applicable. #Candidates are required to use identical passport size recent photographs. (05 photographs will be required for medical examination, if provisionally selected).
If any link is broken or not working please report at