With increased competition , lack of jobs and variety of options , it has become a big confusion as to which direction you should choose.
Last few days before completion of your degree , you will find yourself in state of dilema , mixed feelings . The excitement of completion and the big question >>> WHAT NEXT? WHAT AFTER BDS?
HERE IS A SMALL EFFORT TO HELP YOU CHOOSE >>> REST >>CHOICE IS YOURS !!
1. MDS >> Most sorted and wanted option after BDS. Still the most opted option , inspite of decreased jobs and increased fee. To be precise MDS is a gateway to better things in life, but may be not the best.
To get addmission in MDS you can either spend few 30-40 lakhs or study to clear an MDS entrance exam. For the former I can't help you , may be your dad can , but for the later here are few articles which can be of help.
Ten reasons why you should / shouldn't do MDS
FAQ's About MDS entrance
MDS prepration >> TIPS & TRICKS
MDS TIPS /TRICKS
HOW TO CRACK AIPG
MDS COACHING/TEST SERIES
MDS STUDY MATERIAL
2. ADC >> Still there is a great demand for dentists in overseas countries and the most preferred destination is Australia. Clear the australian licensure exam and start earning in dollars. But the road is not as easy as it sounds . Follow the links below for more info on this....
ADC COMPLETE INFO
ADC TEST SERIES
3. NBDE >> Dentists remain to be among the most rich in US.Clear NBDE part 1 exam >> DDS >> earn in Dollars. But this is not all , the journey is full of hurdles . I have tried to explain in various articles below.
NBDE STUDY MATERIAL
TIPS : NBDE
NBDE PREPARATION TIPS
WHAT IS NBDE ?
NBDE TEST SERIES/MOCK EXAM
4. Clinical Practice > This is what 90 % of BDS passouts eventually do . Set up a good dental clinic ,but again you should have the infrastructure, machinery , location and most importantly the required clinical skills.Find more about clinical dental practice in subsequent articles.
5. Diplomas/ certificate courses > Diploma or a certificate course in Implants / orthodontics or aesthetics is recommended if you plan to open up or you are already running your practice.It will not hold any academic value.
6. MHA > Masters in hospital administration offers a new option after graduation . Many of the multi speciality hospitals offer good pay scales to administrators. It will be a requirement in almost every hospital soon.
Find more in the article below
MBA OR MDS?
7. MPH > Masters in public health is a dry subject but it may sound interesting if you get to know salary packages attached to these professionals. WHO , red cross and similar govt . bodies provide good jobs after completion.The only drawback is you get cut off from dentistry.
8. Clinical research > With lack of jobs in various fields clinical research have come up , giving jobs to medicos/dentos in pharmaceutical companies. Dentistry is gone. You get an average package .
9. ORE >> Overseas registration examination is an exam conducted by general dental council United Kingdom for entry into european union countries . Find elaborated article below.
ORE FOR ENTRY TO U.K.
10. I am also searching for another option , may be you guys can suggest one . Add your views in comment section below.
If any link is broken or not working please report at firstname.lastname@example.org